[SCIM] scim options are confusing

Kitae Kim kitae at spymac.com
Sat Aug 28 00:13:01 PDT 2004

Hi

At first, I am not well know.

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 13:16 +0800, Greg Aumann wrote:

> I changed my .xinitrc as you suggested. It didn't change anything.
>
> Then I removed scim -d from .xinitrc
> started kde and in a konsole ran scim -d
> The startup message included an error but after that it worked in gedit,
> kedit and openoffice. Startup messages included below.
>
> Then I put it scim -d back in .xinitrc. Again it wouldn't work in kedit,
> konsole or openoffice.
>
> But if I ran scim -d in a console it started to work in kedit and
> openoffice.

In my poor acknowledge, if scim -d work in X-terminal, that should work
form .xinitrc, file.

But, that doesn't, I think your scim crashed in during the starting kde.
Have you check "ps -aux | grep scim" when scim only work with gtk app
and work fine all app, may you can compare when scim well work and not.

Sometime I got similar problem, but I can't find when they happen, and
can't make that happen. So I couldn't report bug. (also, I am not sure
that's bug, or my some other setting problem.)

If you got every time, scim desn't work for XIM, I think may you X log
file will give some idea, what happen with scim.

Any way, you can try skim for your kde system.

Thanks

Kitae