[SCIM] Pinyin and Tables disappeared from the menu.

Ming Hua minghua at rice.edu
Wed Jun 16 16:45:55 PDT 2004

Hi Yukiko,

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 02:34:38AM +0900, Yukiko Bando wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I updated my system (Mandrake 10.1 cooker) yesterday, it was a heavy update
> (more than 800 Mb with lots of KDE packages), and after that I lost Smart
> Pinyin and other Chinese input methods from the SCIM menu.  I tried
> reinstalling all related packages (scim, scim-chinese, scim-tables, uim,
> scim-uim, scim-m17n) couple of times but that didn't do the trick.   I can
> see tables such as Wubi, Cantonese etc. in the setup window though...  UIM-*
> and M17N-* that remain in the menu are all working fine.  What could be the
> problem?

Just a quick question -- is GTK+ involved in this heavy update?  SCIM is
known to break binary compatibility between GTK+ 2.2 and GTK+ 2.4, you
have to recompile SCIM after GTK+ upgrade.

Ming
2004.06.16

Wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand.  The ordinary telegraph
is like a very long cat.  You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in
Los Angeles.  The wireless is the same, only without the cat.
                                                       --- Albert Einstein