[SCIM] Re: [openi18n-im:00828] Re: Merging SCIM and IIIMF

Hideki Hiura hiura at openi18n.org
Sun Jun 27 21:51:38 PDT 2004

> From: Yu Shao <yshao at redhat.com>
> Hi, It is good to hear the news!

Yup! We belive it would be good for everybody!

> Could Hideki or James explain it a little bit what are "iiimf to scim
> bridge using libiiimcf" and "to use scim as a leif"?

- iiimf to scim bridge using libiiimcf == scim works as IIIM client.
  Apps using scim interface will be able to use IIIMF functionality
  over scim (except AUX capability I guess)
- use scim as a leif = scim works as IIIM Language Engine
  scim language engines would work as IIIMF language engine under LEIF
  This would come with
  - IIIMF to adopt with the scim's idea of default GUI.
    It would be impletemted as default fallback AUX Object.
  - Extentions to be made if necessary through LEIF to libiiimcf so that
    features scim language engines expects to work transparently.

Hope it helps!

Hideki