[SCIM] Re: [openi18n-im:00826] Merging SCIM and IIIMF

Ming Hua minghua at rice.edu
Sun Jun 27 23:38:56 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:57:00AM +0800, Zhe Su wrote:
[snipped]
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:35:48 -0700 (PDT), Hideki Hiura
> <hiura at openi18n.org> wrote:
> >
> > IIIMFers,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce our plan that we are going to merge SCIM and
> > IIIMF, and James Su became a committer of IIIMF project.
[snipped]

Great, congratulations to James and good luck to the join project.

My question is how would such a merge affect the release roadmap of
SCIM.  Is this integration with IIIMF scheduled for 1.0?  As a user (who
only use xim, at least for now) and packager, I would like to see a
stable version of scim released soon.

Thanks,
Ming
2004.06.28

Wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand.  The ordinary telegraph
is like a very long cat.  You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in
Los Angeles.  The wireless is the same, only without the cat.
                                                       --- Albert Einstein