[SCIM] Re: [openi18n-im:00839] Re: Merging SCIM and IIIMF

Hideki Hiura hiura at openi18n.org
Tue Jun 29 08:47:19 PDT 2004

> From: Zhe Su <james.su at gmail.com>
> Yes, maybe we should first do 3. But I want to do 2 before 4, because
> it's more easier for me :-)

Sure :-)

> You know, scim uses its own socket protocol to communicate with the
> gui panel, so the gui panel can not be a xaux object of iiimf without
> modification. The capability of iiimf's default gui is not enough for
> scim, until we have a more powerful gui (or default xaux object).

Understood. All right, Let's look into what we can do to accomplish
this. Since the complex ATOK GUI is implemented as AUX object already,
as well as other simpler GUI, I guess we can see how to map the info
currently exchanged beteen the gui panel and scim over AUX, hopefully
easily :-).

Thanks
Hideki