[SCIM] SCIM and Opera with Mandrake 10.1

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Sat Oct 2 04:42:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Sunday 03 October 2004 00:43, Marc Nino Cellucci wrote:
> SCIM seems to work well with every program I use... except the Opera web
> browser.  Whenever I do the keystroke to launch the SCIM input method, it
> doesn't pop up. I checked to make sure there are no keystroke conflicts,
> and it still doesn't work. I just can't get SCIM to pop up.

I had the same problem...  It's Qt-immodule patch applied in Mandrake 10.1
Community.  I don't know where is the problem, but if Qt-immodule is present
SCIM-XIM doesn't start in Opera and KWord.  Besides, it also affects dead
keys in KWrod and KBabel.  For this reason (probably not for the sake of
Opera users), Qt-immodule was removed from cooker's qt.

I already updated my 10.1 with cooker and SCIM is working again in Opera.  If
you don't like the idea, I think you'll have to wait for a while until update
repositories are ready for 10.1. ;)

Yukiko