[SCIM] left click menu of the system tray icon contain no input methods

Francisco Hidalgo Solá fhidalgosola at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Oct 3 22:05:26 UTC 2004

Ok, first of, I´ve read all the documentation and searched everywere and I
couln´t find any solution to this problem. I followed the instalation
instructions more than once and on different versions of skim and no luck.
Here is what I´ve installed:
SKIM
SCIM
SCIM-UIM
UIM
ANTHY

I created a .Xclients file with the following contents:
export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
export LC_CTYPE="zh_CN.GBK"
startkde

LC_TYPE exactlly as in the documentation but I guess it could be changed.
I checked and all these environment variables are correctly loaded.

In any GTK+ app I can write in japanese without problems at all, it works
great, the panel displays the imput methods and everything is fine. But in
any KDE app it just doesn´t work.

I tried to start skim directlly or manually as in the docs, always the same.
The processes running are these:

fran at ukyo fran $ ps ax |grep scim

21957 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/lib/scim-1.0/scim-launcher-daemon kconfig all
socket 0 none stderr --no-stay
21959 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/lib/scim-1.0/scim-launcher-daemon socket
socket x11 0 none stderr
21962 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/skim --np skimplugin_scim -c socket -o
none -d --no-stay
21963 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/skim --np skimplugin_scim -c socket -o
none -d --no-stay
21964 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/skim --np skimplugin_scim -c socket -o
none -d --no-stay

I really don´t know what else to look at, the system tray menu keeps blank.
Maybe you see were I´m going wrong, since it´s a mistery to me. I´ve been
hours trying to find a solution. So if anyone can find a solution I will
really appreciate it.
Thank you very much

Francisco