[SCIM] strange things happen, don't know how to fix it

Kwok Lun Au-Yeung klauye at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 16:32:21 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have been using my debian sarge for several months already. The scim and
skim is working very steadily on my debian. But recently, I can't type
chinese under gaim and netscape suddenly. I really have no clue on how I can
fix it. (I seldom reboot my machine, but have reboot for a few times because
of crashing :'( )

The symtopes on netscape is like when I type in chinese, it shows up some
wrong characters (I guess it's like viewing big5 characters under a gb
environment).

For gaim, it even refuse to transfer the character I've typed.

All this happen suddenly, provided that I didn't change any environment
variable related to scim. (Just rebooting...)

My scim version is 0.99.5 and skim is 0.94

Do anyone has any idea on how to fix it?

regards
Colin