[SCIM] scim and meta-key

Jon-o Addleman jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 6 00:34:21 UTC 2004

I generally enter text in English, French, and Japanese. For French
accents, I've gotten used to setting my windows key as a multi_key,
using xmodmap. So that typing [winkey]+' e will type an e with an acute
accent.

For entering Japanese, scim looks like it will work wonderfully - I had
tried using kinput2 before, but the EUC-JP charset that it requires
messed up all the french text, of course. Scim looks like a huge
improvement there. The problem is that whenever scim is running, the
multi_key input doesn't work! A 'killall scim' will get it working
again, but of course scim won't work after that.

I'm sure there's some way to enter the accents using scim as well, but
I'd much rather just use the multi-key system, since 90% of french text
is just the same as english...

Is there any way to make scim not interfere with the multi_key? Thanks!
--
Jon-o Addleman - http://redowl.dyndns.org