[SCIM] scim and meta-key

Jonathan Addleman jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 6 16:08:32 UTC 2004

James Su wrote:
> Which version of scim are you using?
> scim 1.0.x support dead/multi keys natively.

Ah.. I'm using the version from debian unstable - 9.7. Perhaps there's
an unofficial package somewhere I can try. (the debian Bug tracking
system lists an unofficial package, but only with some of the chinese
stuff - no Japanese).

If I can't find it, I'll either wait for a newer package, or maybe
compile it myself. Thanks!

I still find it odd that scim would interfere with the input that's
already working though, especially when it's inactive - I would think
that, until you hit ctrl-space, scim wouldn't affect anything at all.
But I don't pretend to understand the low-level workings of it.

--
Jon-o Addleman