[SCIM] Simple hangul for scim-tables

Choe Hwanjin krisna at kldp.org
Fri Oct 22 03:38:50 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 02:29:00PM +0900, Kenichi Handa wrote:
> In article <20041020140724.GA5978 at nivea>, Choe Hwanjin <krisna at kldp.org> writes:
>
> > I made a new hangul romaja input table:
> > http://people.kldp.org/~krisna/depot/HangulRomaja.txt
>
> > This is a script which generated a table above:
> > http://people.kldp.org/~krisna/depot/hangul_romaja_gen.py
>
> > There is a table for hangul romaja input already:
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/ScimSupportLanguageNewTable
> > But this does not cover full unicode range of hangul.
>
> > So I made new version which cover full hangul unicode range.
> > And there are some differences in key sequences.
>
> We've also made the m17n-lib version "ko-romaja.mim" using
> your convention.  It's only about 200 lines of text file.
>
> > On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 03:38:11PM +0200, David wrote:
> >>  The result seems OK. Of course it is not convenient enough for native
> >>  user, but may be useful for westerners inputting korean occasionally.
> >>
> >>  How it looks like? For example, to get "안녕하세요。요즈음
> >>  어떻게 지내십 니까?" I have to type "annyeongha seyo.yojeueum eo
> >>  Deohge ji nae sibni Ga?".
> >>
> >>  I think it could be greatly improved by either extending the table or
> >>  adding some "smart" functions to allow for example such input as
> >>  "annyeonghaseyo. yojeueum eoDeohge jinaesibniGa?". For the moment it is
> >>  not that smart ;-).
>
> Our version supports that "smart" input.  It also contains
> "~" convention described in this page:
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/d.moser/hangul.html

I already made a new convention on it.
I think pressing '~' before vowel to input only vowel is too inconvenient.
How about to type in upper letters?
You can input 'ㅏ' by typing 'A'
This is alreay applied to my HangulRomaja.txt.

> Could you please try it?  To install it, gunzip the attached
> file, store it in /usr/local/share/m17n or somewhere you
> installed the m17n database, and add this line in mdb.dir
> of that directory.
>
> (input-method ko romaja "ko-romaja.mim")
>
> Of course, you have install scim-m17n in advance.
>

> Then you should be able to select M17N-ko-romaja.

I tested this table. But I cannot input hangul correctly.
When I type 'annyeongha', it shows 'ㅏn영ㅎh아'.
I think there is a problem in m17n table routine.
When I type 'g', it immediately commit 'ㄱg'. This is not right.
It should show preedit string 'ㄱ'.

This problem also happened on m17n-ko-hangul2.
I don't know why.