[SCIM] Simple hangul for scim-tables

Kenichi Handa handa at m17n.org
Fri Oct 22 04:13:34 PDT 2004

In article <20041022103850.GA4838 at nivea>, Choe Hwanjin <krisna at kldp.org> writes:
> I already made a new convention on it.
> I think pressing '~' before vowel to input only vowel is too inconvenient.
> How about to type in upper letters?
> You can input 'ㅏ' by typing 'A'
> This is alreay applied to my HangulRomaja.txt.

In my experience with Japanese inputting, it's very
convenient to keep uppercase letters for inputting an
abbreviation (e.g. IBM, GTK, SCIM) along with Japanese text
without toggling input method.  Isn't it the same with
Korean?

>>  Then you should be able to select M17N-ko-romaja.

> I tested this table. But I cannot input hangul correctly.
> When I type 'annyeongha', it shows 'ㅏn영ㅎh아'.
> I think there is a problem in m17n table routine.
> When I type 'g', it immediately commit 'ㄱg'. This is not right.
> It should show preedit string 'ㄱ'.

> This problem also happened on m17n-ko-hangul2.

Hmmm, it seems something is wrong with your m17n-lib.  What
version is it?  I can't reproduce it here with the latest
one.  Does it happen when you type Hangul with medit (a
sample program distributed with the m17n-lib)?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa at m17n.org