[SCIM] scim and x.org x11r6.8

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Fri Sep 24 19:32:26 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Philippe Sam-Long wrote:
> I have problems now with scim 1.0.1 that are likely to be related with a
> recent upgrade to x.org x11r6.8 on my gentoo box, i could not find
> something about it reported anywhere, please forgive if these problems
> are already known.

Does it depend on xorg-x11 update or on scim update to 1.0.1?
I have a xorg-x11-6.8.1 X Server running (6.8.0 is buggy, you should update,
too!) together with scim 1.0.0 - without problems.

So do you have problems with scim-1.0.0 too? If yes, then update the xorg-x11
server. It crashed some of my programs, too (like kaffeeine).

Roland