[Spice-devel] spice for upstream qemu

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 04:32:21 PDT 2010

On 04/09/10 12:00, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> channel security cleanup:
>
> +    for (i = 0; i<  sizeof(names)/sizeof(names[0]); i++) {
>
> Can use SPICE_N_ELEMENTS(names) here

Ah.  Each project has its own name for that macro ...

> shlib major:
>
> -	-version-number $(SPICE_LT_VERSION)	\
> +	-version-number 1:0:0			\
>
> This is not right. We should change configure.ac to have the right
> libtool version style for SPICE_LT_VERSION, not hardcode it in the
> Makefile.

Right now it just uses the spice version, which is wrong IMHO and must
be fixed.  I'm not familiar enougth with the auto* tools to handle this
in a better way though.

> MouseInterface: redesign:
>
> -    void (*moution)(MouseInterface* mouse, int dx, int dy, int dz,
> +    void (*moution)(SpiceMouseInstance *sin, int dx, int dy, int dz,
>                       uint32_t buttons_state);
>
> Its 'motion', please fix it while we can.

Yea, right.

>> qemu bits:
>>     http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/kraxel.git/shortlog/refs/heads/spice.v2

> I can't really comment to much on this, since i don't know the qemu code
> much, but this looks pretty nice and clean to me. Does it work with the
> recent multi-surface code that izik commited this week?

Yes.

> +  spice_cflags="-I/export/git/work/spice/server/include $spice_cflags"
> +  spice_cflags="-L/export/git/work/spice/server/.libs $spice_cflags"
> +  spice_cflags="$spice_cflags -L/export/git/work/slirp/release"
> +  spice_libs="$spice_libs -lspice-server -lslirp"

Build against latest libspice without having to install it.  Will of
course be killed before submitting for real.

I thougth I already splitted that one out into a separate patch, but
obviously I didn't yet ...

cheers,
   Gerd