[Spice-devel] Spice in Fedora Rawhide?

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 07:27:08 PDT 2010

   Hi,

> Getting upstream qemu to have the patches sounds important regardless, but
> I'm unclear on the first part of what you say here. Wouldn't any libraries
> needed for spice by definition be used by an application?

That application would be qemu ...

>> This work is led by Gerd Hoffmann and can be followed in this list. We
>> hope to have patches that we can send to upstream qemu very soon.
>
> I think it'd probably be productive to have the existing (or a new) yum
> repository for fedora ready to go. It could hold the patched qemu, plus
> RPMs of nightly snapshots of the source. Does that make sense? It's
> something I could work on if it'd be helpful.

It would be great, yes.  Weekly would be good enougth I think, there are
not *that* much changes flowing in at the moment.

All you need is:
   (1) a recent pixman version (rebuilding the rawhide version for f12
       will do).
   (2) spice-protocol package
   (3) spice package.  You need the api.v3 branch from this repo:
       http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~kraxel/spice/log/?h=api.v3
   (4) qemu + patches.  spice.v3 branch from this repo:
       http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/qemu/log/?h=spice.v3

> I don't see any spec file templates in the git trees -- do you have those
> internally somewhere?

There are internal repos with rhel6 bits rebuilt for fedora.  I suspect
for snapshots of latest bits the rhel6-beta spec files don't help that
much ...

cheers,
   Gerd