[Spice-devel] Project Information

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 01:12:53 PST 2010

On 02/24/2010 03:32 AM, Kris Lyttle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I came across your website while researching systems that will remotely
> control a virtualized computer environment or virtual machine (VM) via
> the internet, i.e., controlling a VM as if it were a physical machine
> using VNC, VPN, etc., and it seems this could be the case with this project.
>
> Just a few questions if I may:
>
> 1. Can one VM control another, e.g., a VM (server) on one physical
> machine controlling another VM (client) on a separate machine?
>
> 2. Can full-duplex control be established between two VMs, say, using
> the example above? Or would that be full-duplex communication between
> physical machines using multiple VMs (server and client together) on
> each machine?
>
> 3. Have you reached a stage where this can (or already has been)
> implemented? If so, where?
>
> 4. Any plans for embedded applications?
>
> Forgive me for all these questions, but as you can see, I am quite
> fascinated by this project, and I would sincerely appreciate any
> information you can provide. Thanks.

Hi Kris,

I'm not sure what you mean by "control". I'm not sure what you mean by
"full-duplex". Can you provide more details ?

Are you asking about running spice-client (spicec) on a Virtual Machine ?
I have successfully ran spicec on a VM to access another VM. I don't remember if
both VMs were running on the same physical host or not, but I think it should
not be an issue.

Regards,
     Uri.