[Spice-devel] SPICE questions

Stefan Zintgraf s.zintgraf at acontis.com
Thu Mar 11 09:28:44 PST 2010

And this slowness is happening to you on windows xp right?

Yes, it is Windows XP.

I have explenation if it happen on windows 7...

Do you mind to use the unstable spice that have many performence improvment to the driver?

We can give it a try, does it still have the 32-Bit compiler issues?

I had to insert lots of casts to get rid of the compiler errors.

And please give me as much info as you can on the guest, how can i get the same configuration

as you have?

I tried something now. The slow behaviour was when I opened a specific PPT slide using MS Powerpoint (Office 2003).

When I store the same slide as JPG or BMP then it is fast. Find attached the PPT slide as well as the JPG.

And can i give you deubg patch`s? or d/l somehow snapshot of this guest?

If your tests with the PPT are ok, yes please.

How can I create a snapshot? - doesn't this lead to several GBytes of data (my QEMU image is almost 10GByte)?

If yes, I'd have to create a fresh XP installation and to get a smaller image.

Thanks