[Spice-devel] refactoring server channels

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 06:24:39 PST 2010

Hi,

 I have a 85 patch queue, including the already sent 12 I think, that uses red_channel.[ch] as the base for the inputs, main, cursor and display channels. The purpose is to introduce changes for multiple clients support in one place, namely red_channel. I have tested these changes somewhat. I'm not sending them already sense I don't want to bombard the list with 85 patches. I would still be glad for some feedback:
  * do you agree with the approach?
  * are the patches as is reviewable? (that is, can you review my review request ? ;)

The patches are at:
 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~alon/spice/log/?h=fixup_red_channels

The patches generally cleanup by removing duplicate code. They do however make RedChannel dual purpose, since some of our channels use the spice_parser, and others do the parsing another way (TunnelChannel), so I left both ways in for a slight ugliness, which will be fixed at the point where all channels use spice_parser (spice_parse_channel_func_t).

I still don't have the multiple client support completely sketched out, I'll send those thoughts seperately.

Alon