[Spice-devel] How much CPU load will spice server take? Is it possible to take spice client to do more processing?

xuzhinong999 xuzhinong999 at 163.com
Wed Nov 17 00:09:51 PST 2010

Hi, All,

           We have VM performance issue during using of spice with QEMU/KVM. It seems only a few VM can run on the host. After studying spice server source code, i find spice server will do all 2D graphic processing and video decoding, so when VM starting and playing video, it sometimes use 100% cpu.

             My question is : can spice server share or even push the 2D and video processing to spice client? Will spice community has this development plan?  In my point view, i think this may be possible.

             Thanks.

Bill