[Spice-devel] How much CPU load will spice server take? Is it possible to take spice client to do more processing?

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Wed Nov 17 00:24:33 PST 2010

I believe what you're asking for is one of the core functions of Spice (see reference below).
However I have seen the same result as yourself, when playing a 1080P video, the server is using
230%! CPU power of my Core i7 920 lab server.

http://www.spice-space.org/features.html
Graphic commands - processes and transmits 2D graphic commands