[Spice-devel] variable monitor width question

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 17:59:29 PST 2011

On 12/03/2011 07:56 AM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi

Good new.  That tells me that I did not configure something else
wrong, yet again.  What me screw things up! NEVER!  Perhaps.  :-)

My host monitor is 1680x1050.  I have been using 1440x900 in
my guests.  I would rather a wider guest, but I don't seem to
be having any problems getting my work done in the guests, so
it may not matter anyway.  And the smaller guest does make it
easier to flip back and forth to things in my host.

Also, I have to point out, as a refugee from Virtual Box, I am
so tickled with KVM/Spice actually working correctly that I
really enjoy using my guests.  I do a lot of *grinnin'*.  Okay,
the grinnin' will eventually wear off, but not any time soon.
Thank you guys!

> Also, let's point out that spice-gtk itself is not a client, but rather a library. And the spicy program it
 > contains is just a test client. > We don't yet have a "real" client
based on spice-gtk that
 > replaces spicec (it might become Boxes and/or virt-viewer).

No problem.  I am on EL 6.1 so I do not get access to spice-gtk until
EL 6.2 anyway.

-T