[Spice-devel] BSOD when booting Win7 Pro with spice

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:48:06 PST 2011

W dniu 28.01.2011 15:32, Alon Levy pisze:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:45:07AM +0100, Julian Sikorski wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to try spice on Fedora 14. I have a Win7 Pro 32bit image which
>> was created with virt manager. I later added virtio network and drive to
>> it, installing drivers in the guest as well.
>> The problem is that if I try to use this machine as per F14 wiki, i.e.:
>> qemu /var/lib/libvirt/images/windows.img -usbdevice tablet -soundhw ac97
>> -vga qxl -spice port=5930,password=asd -enable-kvm
>> the windows guest will BSOD during boot (note that I need to do this as
>> su due to the way how virt-manager sets permissions).
>> Is this issue known? What info could I provide to help resolving this?
>
> So which version do you have, 0.7.2?

I tried both the version from f14 updates and from f14 preview repo.
Neither of them works.

>does the vm boot normally when booting without spice?

Yes, I can boot the machine via the virt-manager just fine.

does the vm have qxl driver installed already?

IIRC it does not. Where I can downlad such driver, and would it be OK to
install it while booted via virt-manager with no spice?

>can you give the bsod screenshot (from monitor in qemu you can do screendump <filename.ppm>)?

http://belegdol.fedorapeople.org/spicebsod.png

I hope this will make it more clear what I am trying to accomplish, or
show where I am doing the wrong thing.

Cheers,
Julian