[Spice-devel] Spice QXL Driver does not work for Windows 7

Mario ml at kernelobjects.org
Mon Jul 18 10:34:03 PDT 2011

Hi,

I was just trying to build the latest qxl windows drivers with the
0.8.0 protocol headers. I followed this guide exactly:
http://spice-space.org/page/WinQXL

I built the drivers for both Windows XP/x86 and Windows 7/x86. XP is
working well but my Windows 7 box tells me that the driver cannot start
(code 10) in the Windows device manager (see attached picture).

I checked the dependencies for both - qxl.sys and qxldd.dll with
Depends 2.2 but all dependencies are valid.

Is there anything I can do to debug the reason why the driver cannot
start? Any Idea?

Can someone provide me Windows 7 x86 QXL drivers known to work?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Cheers,
Mario