[Spice-devel] 0.10.x status / plans for spice for Fedora 16

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 02:33:12 PDT 2011

Hi Hans,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:20:23AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Can we tag a 0.9.0 release from spice git master ? and release tarbals for this
> at this moment in time? If not can we make a short to do list with things which
> needs to be done before we can do this?

I'm all for starting the 0.10 release process as early as possible.

> Also given that Fedora 16 alpha freeze is approaching, and we don't have
> a 0.9.x yet, what is the plan for Fedora 16, stick with 0.8.x, or are
> we going to do a 0.9.0 RSN and get it in before the freeze?

Can you expand more on that? When is the alpha freeze, what does it mean if
we get 0.9.0 in it? That we'll be allowed to update the package to 0.10.0
when it's released? Or will we have to stay with 0.9.0 in the final
release?

Thanks,