[Spice-devel] 0.10.x status / plans for spice for Fedora 16

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 02:52:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

On 07/19/2011 11:33 AM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:20:23AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Can we tag a 0.9.0 release from spice git master ? and release tarbals for this
>> at this moment in time? If not can we make a short to do list with things which
>> needs to be done before we can do this?
>
> I'm all for starting the 0.10 release process as early as possible.
>
>> Also given that Fedora 16 alpha freeze is approaching, and we don't have
>> a 0.9.x yet, what is the plan for Fedora 16, stick with 0.8.x, or are
>> we going to do a 0.9.0 RSN and get it in before the freeze?
>
> Can you expand more on that? When is the alpha freeze, what does it mean if
> we get 0.9.0 in it?

The alpha freeze is the feature freeze, not getting 0.9.x in, does not
mean much, we could still go to 0.9.x later, but we then can no longer
advertise that we're doing so as a feature. And it is more or less
discouraged to do version rebases after the feature freeze.

> That we'll be allowed to update the package to 0.10.0
> when it's released?

Yes, if we get 0.9.x in we are allowed to go to 0.10.0 later.

Regards,

Hans