[Spice-devel] Adaptive video compression by default?

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Jun 16 09:34:49 PDT 2011

Hello, all.  One of the technologies which completely intrigued us about
SPICE is the adaptive video compression.  We thought HP had the lock on
that!

Is that enabled by default? We are trying to stay with Fedora 15 out of
the box as much as possible so are running libvirt 0.8.8 and I do not
think libvirt supports the compression parameters until 0.9.2.

We just tried some streaming video tests and it was so much better than
anything else we've seen but it still had some severe staggering at
times.  Thus, we were wondering about the adaptive compression defaults.
We'll do a little playing from the command line in the meantime.  Thanks
- John