[Spice-devel] Adaptive video compression by default?

Marian Krcmarik mkrcmari at redhat.com
Thu Jun 16 09:42:02 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

"Spice supports variable compression settings for audio, images and streaming, since 0.9.1. These settings are accessible via the compression attribute in all following elements: image to set image compression (accepts auto_glz, auto_lz, quic, glz, lz, off), jpeg for JPEG compression for images over wan (accepts auto, never, always), zlib for configuring wan image compression (accepts auto, never, always) and playback for enabling audio stream compression (accepts on or off).
Streaming mode is set by the streaming element, settings it's mode attribute to one of filter, all or off, since 0.9.2."
- http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html