[Spice-devel] QXL driver for Ubuntu

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 15:18:25 PDT 2011

Dne 27.6.2011 19:54, Andrea Celestino napsal(a):
> Hi,
> I have installed Ubuntu 10.10 32 bit on qemu image and I would like to
> use -vga qxl option to start spice server from the command line. I think
> I should check if qxl driver are installed in my ubuntu 10.10, how can I
> check if they are already installed?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=all&searchon=names&keywords=qxl

QXL driver is included in Ubuntu since Maverick, so everything you have
to do is to make sure you have 'xserver-xorg-video-qxl' package
installed and then you can just run qemu-kvm with '-vga qxl'. Ubuntu's X
should then detect QXL device and choose QXL driver automatically, you
can check it in /var/log/Xorg.0.log then.