[Spice-devel] jpeg and jpeg_alpha in spice

Shuxiang Lim shohyanglim at gmail.com
Mon May 2 20:48:59 PDT 2011

Hi,All!
   I've found a problem that when
1. using qxl,thus the image type will be SPICE_BITMAP_FMT_RGBA;
2. and forcing the use of red_jpeg_compress_image ('cause I want to get only
JPEG in client) in spice server
   then SPICE_IMAGE_TYPE_JPEG_ALPHA will be produced,but this will cause the
color disorder in the dest image in client.
   Normally,spice will use quic_compress or lz_compress for
SPICE_BITMAP_FMT_RGBA, so SPICE_IMAGE_TYPE_JPEG_ALPHA will never be used, Am
I right? So why did we define SPICE_IMAGE_TYPE_JPEG_ALPHA? How can I produce
only NORMAL SPICE_IMAGE_TYPE_JPEG for SPICE_BITMAP_FMT_RGBA?
  Best Regards.