[Spice-devel] jpeg and jpeg_alpha in spice

Shuxiang Lim shohyanglim at gmail.com
Tue May 3 19:33:08 PDT 2011

Hi,Alon!
  Thanks,but now I decide to abandon such drudgery try of forcing use JPEG
in spice-server because it's not a friendly reasonable way to spice. Now all
that I can do currently is just attempting to fasten the image traffic
between libspicec.so and Java UI,all the sins come from the android
framework and Java for there is no way to access directly the image buffer
in mem maintained by libspicec.so from Java. The only hope will be
file-mem-mapping between C and Java, but that will never give me any
surprise,I suppose.
  Besides,another reason that enticed me to force use of JPEG is the
common/quic.c in client is damned buggy of SIGBUS on android/ARM on some ops
such as pointer typecasting.
  That's common in my porting work,for example,in generated_demashaller.c,
this
*#define write_int8(ptr, val) *(int8_t *)(ptr) = val*
  will cause SIGBUS on ARM, so I change it into
*#define write_int8(ptr,v)  {int8_t val=v;memcpy(ptr,&val,sizeof(int8_t)); }
*
  then it's safe, but seems ugly and clumsy.
So, is there any simple,elegant and safe way to do this?
  Best regards.