[Spice-devel] OSX spice-gtk and pyparsing

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon May 9 01:58:57 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 11:48:46AM +0000, Mosebach  Kai wrote:
> I think having a xcode project would be quite nice. Furthermore a cocoa
> client completely based on spice-client-glib would be the better option
> compared to (native) gtk imho.

We agree here, but someone has to write the cocoa client code ;) As far as
I'm concerned, I'm not really interested in learning cocoa just for that :)

> PS : The spice-gtk-0.6 builds nearly without any hacks on osx. I will try
> to provide a patch for the Makefile in ./gtk soon (regarding the sym-file
> issue)...

One way to address this is
https://gitorious.org/~teuf/spice-gtk/teuf-spice-gtk/commit/e1cc2f7d4cfa2a1b1ecb41490af8275fa322cf50
though Marc-André would prefer if the macosx equivalent of -export-symbols
was used.