[Spice-devel] Multi-monitor support...

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:02:58 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Naga Mohan Pothula <
nagamohan.pothula at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I configured Guest with single head as below
> ./x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -drive
> file=$INST_ROOT/images/rhel61bt64.qcow,if=ide  -L pc-bios -soundhw ac97
> -spice port=$SPICE_PORT,disable-ticketing -usbdevice tablet -enable-kvm -m
> 1024
> -vga qxl
>
> I need to setup multi-head environment. I have seen in the documentation
> that "-qxl <num>" to be configured with Qemu.
> But if I remove "-vga qxl" and speicfy "-qxl 2", getting the error as "-qxl
> : invalid option".
>
> I'm testing with Spice server/KVM v0.8 version.
>
> Can anyone please let me know the procedure to setup multi-head
> environment?

There are entries in the mailing list (seach by my name) in April/May.
Basically, first device should be defined with -device parameter and the
consequent devices shall be defined as -vga qxl

you don't need to put any numbers. check this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/spice-devel@lists.freedesktop.org/msg02960.html

--
Emre