[Spice-devel] Mouse not working with agent

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:48:27 PDT 2011

Hi

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Damien Churchill <damoxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering what:
>
> channel-inputs.c:365 over SPICE_INPUT_MOTION_ACK_BUNCH * 2, dropping

It means that the client didn't receive 2 motion acks. I didn't design
that part of the protocol, but I suppose it so to avoid introducing
lag/latency in inputs. If the input channel is "slow", we drop a bit
of mouse motion events, and let the server catch up until we received
new acks.

> means in the debug log for spice-gtk. It seems to be related as it is
> being spewed out whenever I move the mouse within the spice widget.

So if the server is slow or hanging, you'll most likely get this
message. In theory, the ack messages are indepedent of the agent, as
they are handled directly by spice server (before the event is
forwarded to the agent or handled by a tablet etc..). But I might miss
a more complex case.

Feel free to give us more details on how you reached that warning.

regards

--
Marc-André Lureau