[Spice-devel] Building qxl w/WDK

Erik Lotspeich erik at lotspeich.org
Wed Dec 5 12:01:20 PST 2012

Hi,

Is building qxl supported with the latest WDK 8.59.25584?

http://www.spice-space.org/page/WinQXL

I am trying to follow the directions. I open up a command prompt called
"Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Debug Build Environment" and set
SPICE_COMMON_DIR and run the "build -cZg" command. I get the following
output:

BUILD_ALT_DIR not defined. Please run in a WinDDK Build Environment.

I also tried the command prompt named Developer Command Prompt for
VS2012 with the same result.

I have Visual Studio Express 2012 with the WDK installed on Windows 7.

Do I need Visual Studio Pro?

Thanks!

Regards

Erik