[Spice-devel] Building qxl w/WDK

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 01:26:46 PST 2012

> Hi,
>
> Is building qxl supported with the latest WDK 8.59.25584?
>
> http://www.spice-space.org/page/WinQXL
>
> I am trying to follow the directions. I open up a command prompt
> called
> "Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Debug Build Environment" and set
> SPICE_COMMON_DIR and run the "build -cZg" command. I get the
> following
> output:
>
> BUILD_ALT_DIR not defined. Please run in a WinDDK Build Environment.
>
> I also tried the command prompt named Developer Command Prompt for
> VS2012 with the same result.
>
> I have Visual Studio Express 2012 with the WDK installed on Windows
> 7.
>
> Do I need Visual Studio Pro?

I've never tried building from VSP, I've only built the driver using the WinDDK 7600.16385.1 .

SPICE_COMMON_DIR is not required to be set, we use spice-protocol submodule now if it isn't defined.

Note that the subdirectory structure changed but that was a mistake - pushed wip branch to master. So meanwhile just "cd xddm" and run "build" from there.