[Spice-devel] Usb redirection

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 17:24:57 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Jackson <jyhyen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2) The usbredirhost_read_guest_data() call from usbredir_handle_msg
>> has a complete packet, and one which requires it to make some libusb
>> call which takes one of libusb's internal locks, and for some reason
>> the libusb_handle_events() call holds that lock while it is sleeping?
>
> The usbredir_handle_msg receive message and do usbredirhost_read_guest_data(),
> but does't make libusb call work. And after default 60 secs timeout in
> libusb_handle_event(), usbredir_write_flush_callback() and
> usbredir_write_callback() work while no message are received through
> usbredir_handle_msg(). Where should I check?
>
>> Which platform are you on and which version of libusb are you using?
>>
> On window 7 and libusb 1.0.10

I think you mean libusbx 1.0.10. That is most likely the problem.
You should try again with libusbx 1.0.14 which is the latest
release.

https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/blob/master/ChangeLog
2012-05-08: v1.0.11
* Revert removal of critical Windows event handling that was
introduced in 1.0.10
* Fix a possible deadlock in Windows when submitting transfers

Xiaofan