[Spice-devel] multi-clients issue

Rozen Lin rozen.lin at sinobot.com.cn
Wed Dec 19 01:17:45 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 10:35 +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> On 19.12.2012 09:05, Rozen Lin wrote:
> > Hi,All,
> >   Currently I'm trying the multi-client feature of spice, the server
> > side is spice-server-0.10 and qemu-kvm-1.1, if I use only from Linux
>
> I guess it is debian wheezy, right?
>
> > machine the spicec-0.10 or spice-gtk-0.10 as clients, the multi-clients
> > works fine,
> > but if I use the old version(e.g. spicec-0.6) spicec-win32 or newest
> > virt-viewer-0.5.3 from windows machine, the qemu-kvm will assert in
> > spice-server such as:
> > red_worker.c: free_one_drawable(RedWorker *worker, int force_glz_free)
> > {
> > ..
> >   ASSERT(ring_item);
> > }
> >   I know the multi-clients is only experimental, but I have to try such
> > feature from Windows machine, so would anyone share some clues to
> > resolve/workaround for this, thanks in advance!
>
> Well, 0.10 and 1.1 are rather old, in spice fast life terms anyway.
> Lots of changes has been made in spice code since these versions...
>
> /mjt
Thanks, but the host machine is Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64, and I tried the
newest pkgs:
virt-viewer-0.5.3, qemu-kvm-1.2.0,
spice-guest-tools-0.2.exe ,spice-0.12.0
It asserted in the same place.
This happens only when both Windows virt-viewer and Linux virt-viewer
connect to the same spice server; if all clients are Linux virt-viewer,
all fine; if only Windows virt-viewer, it's fine too...

Best Regards.