[Spice-devel] multi-clients issue

Rozen Lin rozen.lin at sinobot.com.cn
Wed Dec 19 01:58:05 PST 2012

Hi, Alon & Yonit,
  After more trying, I found:
  this has no relation with spice server-client version,  but is
effected mostly by the network/connection status, if two clients are of
same network status/speed, then all fine, if not, the server will assert
same as above.
  From the spice feature note:
  "This feature is still experimental, it is not expected to work
correctly under different client bandwidths, although it should not
crash the server."
  So in my case, multi-clients use crashed the sever/qemu by assert in
red_worker.c.
  I'm not familiar with the multi-client scheme, seems the clients share
the same red_worker data in spice server, and if so,
1. is it possible that one client freed up one drawable list, yet the
other one doest not know this and try to use it as one that's not empty
and hence asserts there?
2. Is there any src lock/wait protection among the clients for this in
spice server, is it fully implemented? Could you please take a try for
this diff-net-status case and offer some resolve ideas?
  Any info and suggestion is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

Best Regards.
            Rozen.