[Spice-devel] grab mouse in html5 client

Davide Canova davide.canova at heliman.it
Fri Dec 21 15:16:19 PST 2012

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to add "cursor: none" as you suggested. It hides the local
pointer when it is over the screen area.
This is less confusing, but the big problem is that if your local
pointer leaves the screen area you lose control of the remote one.
And since the remote pointer tends to fall behind, you can't reach the
places near the edges with it.
This is why I was suggesting to make it "grab" the mouse so that you
can't go outside until you release it with a key combination.

Hiding the remote pointer would be fine if the local pointer was the
place where your clicks are going, but the two pointers don't stay in
sync and clicks are going where the remote pointer is.

By "local pointer" I mean the one displayed by the operating system
running the browser running the html5 client. By "remote pointer" I
mean the one displayed by the operating system that is remotely
accessible via spice and is usually a guest machine in a virtual
environment.

Thanks,
DC