[Spice-devel] Possible problems with usbredir in w7 guest on F16 host?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 06:31:59 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Hans de Goede  wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 02/01/2012 12:10 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>>
>> Starting with 25th of January some problems starting my w7 guest
>> Initially I thought something related with kernel update, but using
>> the previous one didn't help..
>>
>> The boot stops at win logo screen.
>> This morning 4 attempts and then after disabling usbredir:
>

> I don't think this is a usbredir problem, there are several reports
> of such a hang, most not related to usbredir. Likely the presence
> of usbredir just triggers things in such a way that the hang happens.
>
> Can you try removing the following from the xml:
>    <channel type='spicevmc'>
>      <target type='virtio' name='com.redhat.spice.0'/>
>      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
>    </channel>
>
> That will mean you cannot use the agent, but I believe that this
> is the likely culprit.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

It doesn't seem my case.
shutdown clean of w7 guest.
copy xml with usbredir and without the agent
virsh define w7.xml

boot
it remains stump at attached image

power off
copy xml with agent and without usbredir
virsh define w7.xml

boot
it asks if boot in repair or normally --> normally
it boots ok

Gianluca