[Spice-devel] hi,everyone. anyone do spice client on mac os x?

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Jan 2 02:06:20 PST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 04:48:56PM +0800, wang.chun3 at zte.com.cn wrote:
> i try to compile the spice client on mac os x (darwin 10.7 ) ,but i faced
> many troubles, anyone can help me? thanks
>
> 1. celt and qpixman , spice-prototol  have compiled on mac os x , but
> while compile the spice-0.8.2:

You shouldn't need qpixman for spice 0.8.2

>   ./configure
>
>   show error:  checking for jpeg_destory_decompress in -ljpeg... no
>                configure: error:libjpeg not found

You can have a look in configure.log to try to figure out why it cannot be
found.

> 2. spice client can working on mac os x (darwin unix) ???

I've had reasonable success in compiling spice-gtk and vinagre on osx for
use as spice clients. I based this work on the gtk-osx stuff, see
http://www.gtk.org/download/macos.php and
http://cfergeau.blogspot.com/2011/06/spicy-apples.html