[Spice-devel] 答复: Re: 答复: Re: hi,everyone. anyone do spice client on mac os x?

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 08:11:07 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 11:00:36AM -0500, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi
>
> > I think Marc-Andre wanted / already uses git-bz (Owen Taylor's
> > extension
> > iirc) but maybe it's not contradictory. Can it be setup so bug email
> > still goes to the mailing list? can someone using mailing list to
> > review
> > a patch and reply with inline comments, like we do so far, interact
> > with
> > someone using gerrit?
>
> I know gerrit review could be made with inline reply. However, you lose a bit of the functionnality that makes it worth it (contextual diff, diff of diff etc..).
>
> The main concern I have with using gerrit is that it will be one more thing to watch / to use.
>
> Since we already use bugzilla for bug reports, it's much easier to use it for patches too. With splinter & git bz, you have very good integration already (although not as good as gerrit).
>
> Bugzilla comments/patches can be subscribed to receive by mail.

That's individual subscribers. I wouldn't subscribe the whole list
because the bz emails are much more verbose. Actually that's exactly
what qemu-devel does, they use launchpad but the same idea, i.e. they
subscribed the list. Same goes for mesa (although they use bugzilla I
think). I disklike personally reading those bugzila/launchpad generated
emails, they are not as readable as an inline reply to a patch. Otoh I
understand that this is simply because I'm consuming it via email, not
the main interface for either of those, and for gerrit as well. No, I
don't have any solution :/