[Spice-devel] No package 'qcairo' found

Stijn stijn.van.paesschen at student.groept.be
Thu Jul 19 02:20:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to install spice according to the user manual, on an ubuntu
11.10,
with other packages like qpixman I needed to do some extra things, like
downloading the dev packages or changing the PKG_CONFIG_PATH .
Now with qcairo, this doesn't work, actually I don't find a dev
packages, so I can't test that.

Here is my output, when trying to run autogen.sh

/checking for x86 or x86-64 platform... 32 bit
checking for native Win32... no
checking for some Win32 platform... no
checking for cos in -lm... yes
checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... yes
checking for LOG4CPP... yes
checking for QCAIRO... no
configure: error: Package requirements (qcairo >= 1.4.6) were not met:

No package 'qcairo' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables QCAIRO_CFLAGS
and QCAIRO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details./

Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated,
thanks,
Stijn.