[Spice-devel] No package 'qcairo' found

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 03:35:23 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:20:49AM +0200, Stijn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install spice according to the user manual, on an ubuntu

The user manual is ancient, there is a comment to that affect at the top
of the documentation page where I assume you found it, "Important: This
documentation is not wholly up to date. There is a new user manual (see
draft). The wiki contains more up to date stuff as well.".

What version are you building? the recent ones don't use qcairo anymore.
Please use the latest, right now that's 0.11.0 -
http://spice-space.org/download/releases/spice-0.11.0.tar.bz2

Alon