[Spice-devel] Further thoughts on the write polling in the xf86_spice_xql driver

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Jun 14 09:10:28 PDT 2012

>> Okay; I unimaginatively decided that would be Hard.  Wouldn't that break
>> the ABI, and therefore be rejected unilaterally?  I'm willing to try to
>> craft a patch and submit it; but maybe I just need encouragement <grin>.
>
> I started looking at this, talked to Dave Airlie and he suggested to ask
> on xorg-devel either Adam Jackson or Keith Packard about one of two
> suggested solutions I fielded, expand BlockHandler with a pReadmask or
> add a third callback (in addition to BlockHandler, WakeupHandler)
> BlockWriteHandler. The later won't break the internal Xorg / module ABI,
> but is a little ugly IMO. The former breaks it.

I've started a conversation on the xorg-devel mailing list[1], and I'll
follow up directly in irc with Adam and/or Keith if I don't get any answers.

Could I ask that my last patch be committed regardless?  You really
cannot use Xspice if the large ping results in an EAGAIN result; the
client just hangs.

Cheers,

Jeremy

[1]