[Spice-devel] Fedora 17 hosted Multi head SPICE vms give no video output in vgamode

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 04:56:58 PST 2012

  Hi,

> It seems the behavior has now changed from not assigning
> io space to some cards to not assigning mmio space to
> all cards causing this issue?

The pci bar assignment has radically changed, from a linear scan and
assigning addresses to bars in scan order (and just skipping the the
ones it can't assign) to a two-pass algorithm which sorts the bars by
size.  Result is (a) better packing and (b) seabios figures it can't fit
bars before it starts assigning.  It also has full bridge support now.

Look at /proc/iomem with old and new bios to see the difference.

/me wonders that the guest boots at all.

> So I guess I should pass
> in the options to make the cards use less MMIO-space ?

Yes.  Set vram to 32mb for both cards should do the trick.

> Does
> libvirt do that automatically now?

Don't know.

cheers,