[Spice-devel] Spice agent for XSpice

suyi wang wangsuyi640 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 01:49:55 PST 2012

Hi all:
      I am now trying to* cross compile*  spice-gtk-0.11 on my development
machine(Fedora 16 i386) for ARM11. According to the README file in
spice-gtk-0.11/ ,
the build dependencies are as follows:
gtk3-devel spice-protocol intltool celt051-devel
openssl-devel pulseaudio-libs-devel pixman-devel
gobject-introspection-devel libjpeg-turbo-devel zlib-devel
cyrus-sasl-devel gtk-doc

     Now, I want to know that whether all of the dependencies need to cross
compile first? And the most import question is where are they? How to
resolve dependencies?

    Is there anyone have already trid to* cross compile* it? Looking
forward from you!
Thanks!
Yours.
Suyi.

2012/3/9 Eike Hein <hein at kde.org>

> Hi,
>
> I recently sent a mail to Marc-André Lureau, inquiring about
> clipboard sharing support in his virt-viewer builds for Win-
> dows. It turned out that the reason clipboard sharing doesn't
> work is because Xspice does not yet spawn an agent.
>
> Marc-André subsequently got Alon Levy into the discussion,
> who had this to say on how this might be pulled off:
>
> "I'm really glad to hear someone is actually using this. To implement
> clipboard sharing is indeed just an Xspice issue. You'll need to have an
> agent talking to spice server not via a virtio device and qemu. Looking
> at vdagent-linux I guess there are a few questions:
>  * do we run vdagentd and vdagent as subprocesses of Xspice
>  (actually Xorg)
>  * is there a way to emulate uinput (not related to clipboard)
>  * more a statement - I think the clipboard part is relatively easy,
>   you can replace the hardcoded /dev path for the virtio-serial port
>   with a pipe.
>
> I guess I would try to split vdagent to a library and app, and then link
> the library into spiceqxl_drv.so (i.e. xf86-video-qxl)."
>
> I'm still pretty keen on getting this to work in my Xspice-
> based setup, and since I was encouraged to bring this topic
> to the list here goes. Please chime in :).
>

> On another note, I've started to look into what it will take
> to write a 'QtSpice' to match spice-gtk, which I'd then like
> to use to add SPICE support to KDE's bundled remote desktop
> viewer, krdc. But that's for another thread some later time.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Eike Hein

Yours.