[Spice-devel] Can USB redirection be enabled on windows client?

Dominique Rodrigues dominique.rodrigues at nanocloud.com
Sun Mar 18 07:25:26 PDT 2012

I think there is a misunderstanding Andrew.

The initial question was "if I work in a physical windows environment,
is my spice-gtk client for windows able to enable USB redirection
between my workstation and any virtual machine under Linux, Windows or
whatever ?".  Arnon replied that up to now, the anwser is no.

If you work under Linux (I personnaly use Mageia on my workstation and
Debian on my servers), USB redirection can be done towards any virtual
machine, Linux or Windows.

This works also for me with Windows Seven and Windows Server 2008. I
have recompiled qemu-kvm with usbredir library for Mageia and Debian,
and it works fine.

Regards

        Dominique Rodrigues

nanoClouD <http://www.nanocloud.com>