[Spice-devel] Failing to compile spice-gtk: generated_marshallers1.c:2:25: fatal error: marshallers.h: No such file or directory

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 04:05:47 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 07:02:17AM -0400, Marc-André Lureau wrote:

> [...]

That's debatable IMHO - 'make clean' should remove anything that was
created by a preivous 'make'.  While 'make distclean' should remove
anything created by './configure'.  If you really want to cache
generated files, then it is reasonable to move some items out of
'clean' and into 'distclean'.

People should never have to rely on 'git clean' in normal day-to-day
cases, unless there has been Makefile.am refactoring which needs cleaning
up

> However the generated file should somehow have dependencies on Makefile.am.

Daniel