[Spice-devel] Failing to compile spice-gtk: generated_marshallers1.c:2:25: fatal error: marshallers.h: No such file or directory

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 04:09:46 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Daniel P. Berrange
<berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> That's debatable IMHO - 'make clean' should remove anything that was
> created by a preivous 'make'.  While 'make distclean' should remove
> anything created by './configure'.  If you really want to cache
> generated files, then it is reasonable to move some items out of
> 'clean' and into 'distclean'.

It depends if you ship the generated file and have tarball build
dependency on what is needed to generate it.

In our case, we tried to reduce the amount of dependencies (python &
perl & others - I am not even sure which one is still needed)

So "make clean" shouldn't remove those files.

--
Marc-André Lureau